I am so grateful!!!!

and excited to be added to this wonderful community and project of Mraz Women!


Hello everyone. :) My name is Stephanie Hardy. I am 19 years old and a freshman at Boston University studying Hispanic Language & Literature and (hoping when admitted to the program) Public Health with a concentration in Health Law, Bioethics and Human Rights. Sigh, that is a mouthful. I'm from Long Island, New York and loveeeeee me some Mraz.

I don't even know where to begin. Well, the beginning of my love for Jason Mraz is not a definite time or place. I don't have a day in particular where I remember falling in love with his music. I remember being very young and hearing The Remedy on the radio etc. I started to really become a fan with his We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things album however, I did my research and now, and rightfully so, know every song he has.. or almost. :) I'm not one of those "Oh my gosh...Jason Mraz is so good! I love that song he has with Colbie Caillat! Lucky!?" No. Oh no no no. I have a great and complete appreciation for the man, the music and the message although I have somewhat of a late start I'd say.

I saw Jason in concert first in NYC in October 2008 at Radio City! It was awesome, the gospel choir, the energy, the diversity of people. Next, I saw him at Jones Beach on Long Island August 2009, my home. Jones Beach is by far the greatest location for a summer concert. A Beautiful Mess: Live on Earth album is my favorite and that concert was of that tour, with the same arrangement more of less. The trumpets, the energy! THE ENERGY! His energy, the crowds energy and my floor seats were all perfection. I was in my glory that night.

December 2009 I got my first (I say that because I contemplate others) Jason themed tattoo.

When Jason played "The Remedy" at the Jones Beach concert, it was such a moving rendition of the song and it touched me. I cannot describe the feeling that I had inside. It's a very simple motto for life that can make all the difference. 
I saw Jason for my 3rd time at the Life is Good festival in Canton, Mass September 2010. I was browsing his website, knowing it wasn't on any tours and found the festival would be 3 weeks AFTER I arrived in Boston for college. I was ecstatic!!! It was met to be. I was close to the front, soaked it all in. This is the first day that I was introduced to Brett Dennen as an artist and he has become another love of mine who I will see for the 2nd time in May in NYC!
I yearn to meet Jason, travel to San Diego area and see his favorite spots, visit Cafe Gratitude and all of these things. Many more concerts to come for me :) Of course!

Some other memorable moments for me were when his fiance TP tweeted me! I had commented a picture of her and who I thought was Jason, laying in the grass. It was really old and I was the only one to comment saying something along the lines of "This is beautiful! I can't believe no one has commented this, I love you two together!" She replied me saying.. "Ha! That photo you commented on was the guy I was dating last year" hahah awkward! Must have been G. Love.....   My twitter is twitter.com/DJstephyh <- The name has changed as a joke ... don't judge lol I have like 6 DJ's following me randomly.. hah
Also, Tricia the joyologist is a big inspiration of mine as well! She tweeted me and answered me on tumblr about a question I had! Hardyhar.tumblr.com if you want to follow me on Tumblr! 

Hm what else, what else. I am a HUGE fan and believer of gratitude and appreciate Jason's message of giving love, being love and being thankful for what we have in our lives. I cannot stress enough how uplifted I feel because of his blog posts and his music and the way he shines his light onto all of his fans and anyone willing to listen to his piece of mind. I know you all feel the same and that is why this blog is such a blessing! I'm not crazy, I am appreciated by all you fellow fans hah

Some of my favorites of his are.. The Remedy (from Live on Earth album), Curbside Prophet (Tonight Not Again), his covers of Rocket Man and Good Old Fashioned Loverboy (B-sides), Little You and I (Java Joe's), Older Lover (From the Cutting Room Floor), After An Afternoon (Java Joe's), No Doubling Back (Tonight Not Again) and on and on and on. Certain versions are just PERFECTION, so I had to distinguish. ;)

P.S. If you wanna..  facebook.com/HardySteph

With gratitude and excitement,
Steph

"We're taking the higher route, we're taking the ceiling out, We're going up!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I LOVE YOUR TATTOO!

Welcome, Steph. Thanks for finding me/us. :-)

Jam

Steph said...

Thank you!! That means a lot because YOURS is awesome. I'm contemplating the be love one as well actually but tricia's version of it

Emily said...

Wow, your tattoo is beautiful!! :D
I enjoyed reading your post, you are not crazy at all haha, just Enlightened :)
Em

All said...

I stop by the site from time to time to check up on the Mraz women and what they are up to but only so often as I find it hard to contain my appreciation for Jason once I get it going. I stopped by today and read your post and was intrigued the whole way through. You seem like you share with me a respect for Jason's spirit and inspiration (I like the tattoo too). It was nice to hear a story of another person my age going to college, getting things done, and engaging in passions- this time in the form of a love for Jason Mraz. Anyway, I just thought I would jot you a note telling you that I enjoyed reading your post and appreciated your message and the connections I felt in our paths. Keep up the good work!

Jitana

Post a Comment