Kindness

I am a checker at a grocery store. .and I have to deal with a lot of crap from people. But every now and then something happens that totally brings a smile to my face.


On Sunday,... about an hour before my shift was to be over. I had a young lady in my lane usine a couple WIC checks (WIC stands for Women and Children... assistance for pregnant women and children under 5 with low income) and we chatted while I was ringing her up.. and when she went to buy her two extra items not covered by WIC she pulled out a bunch of change and was counting it out and she was saying "I hope someday I don't have to struggle" when she turned to put the remainder 1.00 on her debit card, the women behind her placed a 20 on her wallet... I saw this and smiled at her. When the young lady turned back around she looked at me and said "did you?" and I pointed to the women behind her and it was a nice moment.  They hugged while the young lady started to tear up. 


When she left.... the child of the customer that gave her 20 dollars asked her "why did you do that?" and the lady said "Because we can afford to get all this food, and some people can't. If you can help people, you should" 


It took all my willpower to not cry right there in my checkstand. Made me want to go out and do something nice for someone. 


So Ladies.. What have you done to spread a little love and kindness around? And if you havent lately.. what have you got to lose?  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

"Because we can afford to get all this food, and some people can't. If you can help people, you should"

WOW.

Post a Comment