Today, it's Valentines Day here.

Things have happened to me that have led to me disbelieving in this Hallmark-declared holiday.  Personally, we don't need a "day" to celebrate love when we have an entire lifetime full of days to do that regularly.

Then again I am single, sans partner, and only human...so of course seeing lovey-dovey couples populating the malls in doubles gives me a sense of irritation.

Having said that, I have resolved to avoid crowded places and just spend time with family (we're visiting a cousin in rehab).  And yes, I am Youtubing like crazy right now just to kill time.  And here I have found a song that encapsulates what I sorta feel about love, despite all the obstacles and heartaches and what-have-you's.




If you’ll be my star, I’ll be your sky. You can hide underneath me and come out at night. When I turn jet black and you show off your light, I live to let you shine.
Gregory and the Hawk - Boats and Birds

If there's one thing I can promise, it's that I will never run out of good things to say and always find reasons to laugh, hope, and love.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AGREE. Why dedicate only twenty-four-hours to expressing love for someone when there are eight-thousand-seven-hundred-sixty-hours in just one year? Don't get it.

Post a Comment