After an Afternoon with HIM.

Hey beautiful girls! I decided my second longass (new word thnx to Jam haha) post was going to be something worth reading.. -sorry about that last one with the Katy Perry vid. The emo in me emerged haha-

Is kinda funny, I have THE WORST memory ever. But there are things I remember as if they where yesterday. November 19th is one of those..

Lets start from the beginning. I think it was around august that my cousin called me to say she heard Jason was coming to Buenos Aires, Argentina (SouthAmerica.. where I live). I didn't believe her. Searched EVERYWHERE for an official statement from him but noone confirmed his trip here. I didn't want to build up expectations and then get crushed from disappointment you know? It would be just. too. hard.

It was first days of October I saw on jasonmraz.com, at Tour dates: November 18th Buenos Aires. My heart stopped. I yelled (like a tween infront of a Jonas Brother).

I love music. Pretty much all types, so I went to A LOT of shows. I mean A REAL WHOLE LOT. It's probably because I leave far away that I get excited when a band comes you know?.. How can I miss a U2 show? and Oasis.. and Keane.. and Muse.. Radiohead, Coldplay, Depeche Mode, The Killers, The Kooks.. and the list keeps on going. So I had to make sure my dad understood THIS WAS IMPORTANT. Not like U2 was life-death situation. This was THE REAL DEAL.

Offcourse he didn't. Like every single time. -sometimes I feel like an alien talking to my dad. even after 20 years he still doesn't get me at all-

So the tix was expensive. But I knew no money would ever pay the most amazing experience of your life so my savings where worth spending. The problem was finding someone willing to spend the money with me so I was not by myself. Hard task.

It was finally October 9th I bought the ticket that made me cry. Yes, I cried. I was so excited.
And so the downs started. Since I bought them "late" -3 days after they went on sale- I wasn't able to get a seat front row. Ok. 2nd? No. 10th!!! I was mad. But c'mon Luce! Is Jason and you're going so stop whining! After that a 2nd date was announced. Yay for J!! oh no for me. It was on the 17th.. I WANTED FIRST DATE!! ok.. again, you're lucky to be going.

November 16th came not that fast. Jason landed on Buenos Aires. Monday, I was working. Got a text from my sister: "JOY JUST LANDED IN OUR TOWN BABE"

Oh boy was she right.. Joy arrived to my heart that day and stayed for a freakin week. Tricia tweeted: Buenos Aires, Argentina. I was stoked.

I tried to find where he was staying but couldn't. Nobody knew. Weird right? I mean.. he was here FOR A WEEK. And no fan-site, blog said a thing.

Wednesday 18th came fast. I really didn't know what to expect, this was my first J show.

9:30 PM the show started. He came out in the most pacific way, sang weird calming sounds and You and I was the first song -how suitable-. Right away I cried. My best friend -she thought it was important to me so she came and pay the tix as my bday gift :)- was crying too. "Are you ok?" I said. "Yeah, is just..his entrance.. so powerful" aww. It was.

Long story short: I cried, jumped, danced my ass off, stayed quiet in awe, and melted. A REAL LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE. And I've been to some shows. But man, I never felt this way. You could honestly touch the Love floating on that theatre.

So I stayed outside but he never came out. I was so frustrated..

Thursday 19th. THE DAY.

A friend of mine from Mexico was in town. We met after work and I showed her around.. We covered some tipical spots, meanwhile I was talking-non-stop about last night. Funny fact: I went to the show I always wanted, felt like never before..still all I could say was "I can't find where he's staying. I went to 3 hotels and nothing. I have to meet him. And he threw polaroids of the band members and the one he shot himself landed on my foot and a girl took it from me. I'm so frustrated.. Everything is just so wrong."

We were in a famous cementary that has all this old goth sculptures. I was soo bored, I've been there many times and wasn't in the mood.. I couldn't take Jason off my mind.

She was looking around, I was sitting wating. There comes this guy walking by himself, deep in thought, with flip flops and nothing but a pocket book under his arm. "Hey look. He's hot isn't he?" I said. My friend replied "Yeah, love the hat!". Hat. JASON. No, couldn't be. Yes He Was.

I stood up as fast as I could and tried to explain to my friend but she didn't know who I was talking about.

I didn't want to bother but IT WAS HIM. ALL ALONE. I JUST HAD TO..

- JASON!
- Si? (Yes in spanish)
- Oh my god it's really you!
- (Smiles) I am me. Who are you?
- (Smiled like never before) I am Lucy. Hi.
- Hola amiga! (Hello my friend)
- wow I can't believe this.. what are you doing here?
- Had the day off.. I was wondering around. thinking.. (his tone guys.. it was like almost whispering. soo relaxed, calmed. soft as cotton.) What are you doing?
- I'm here with my friend, she's visiting. (comes my friend and says hi.)
I went to the show last night.
- oh yeah? did you enjoy it?
- It was seriously the most amazing thing ever happend to me. I cried, laughed and danced my ass off.. (he smiles) I mean the energy, people were dancing and singing like I havent seen before.
- You guys were loud! It was amazing
- I have to say you have the gift of connecting with people. I felt you. The love, you know?
(HE GRABS MY HAND-my heart stopped for real. I blushed)
- Thank you. I felt it too. You guys were good
- You know I've been reading your blog for a long time.. I'm a devoted reader. Got me thru alot.. monday's post.. mann those chicks rope jumping..RAD!
- THEY ARE SICK RIGHT? THEY DO CRAZY SHIT! (laughs)
- (I laugh) I know!! .... ok I don't wanna waste anymore of your time.. Thank you. You know, for everything. Your music.. words. They keep me sane.
- What was your name again?.. Im sorry! (he said that with the cutest smile, who 'd get mad?)
- Lucy
- Come here Lucy! (HUGS ME-- IM BLUSHING AGAIN + SHAKING) Thank You my friend!
(hugs my friend) Bye Ladies it was a pleasure to meet you!
- the pleasure was all ours! enjoy your stay! See ya! (i dont know why i said that since im not..haha but was so nervious)
- (smiles) SIEMPRE AMIGA! ("always my friend" in spanish) and walks away.

I was stiff as a rock. My friend started freaking out and said "If you could see your face.. the way you were looking at him. I thought he was an ex or something. Girl you're in love."

I stood quiet for a while.."I just said Thank You to my Hero."

I really couldn't believe what happened. Lets start from the fact that he was BY HIMSELF walking like you or me.. and NOBODY recognized him. Flip flops, hat, sunglasses. Just another normal guy. Then he came to say hi and talked to us like no big deal.. ON HIS DAY OFF. And stayed like 15 minutes aprox.. He never said HEY I GOTTA GO or looked like bothered.

He was SO nice. Is just the kinda guy he is. Down to Earth, nice, sweet. He is the same you see on stage. The same Jason, a bit smaller :) haha.

So there's my story. My afternoon with Jason Mraz. The man that took me out of misery. The ray of Sunshine in my dark sky. The source of my healing. The boy that made me melt everytime sound slipped through his mouth.

It was the most unexpected encounter. I thought I'd never get to say HI. And there I was, infront of him.. and he was saying Thank You to ME.

Like I said to Sasha.. When you want something really bad, the Universe conspires for you to get it. You just have to wish it with all your being and never give up. It might take a while, but when you have your moment.. Boy it is worth the wait.

I am grateful I couldn't find his hotel. If I had I might have been there while he was at the cementary and this would be a fantasy.

I wish you all get to feel what I felt.. Him.

Cause I haven't been the same ever since. I am Love now.

Lucy


Ps. I'm sorry this got sooo long!! but you know.. I had to put every detail! haha

Love you girls. I really do.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This post is made of pure awesomeness!

I am so happy that you got to experience something like this...experiencing him minus the hype, the fame, the posse...just pure, unadulterated and genuine him. :)

Anonymous said...

This is the most beautiful post I've read in awhile. You truly are such a lucky gal! Thruout the ENTIRE post, I had a smile on my face...no joke! And the conversation? SO. CUTE. Typical Jason. He's such a genuine guy, like Jam said. Gotta love him! <3 I know I'll have my moment, all us MrazGals will...little by little they will come. -Sasha

marissa811 said...

OMG what an amazing story, every mraz girls dream, i cried just imagining how you mustve felt, i hope one day we can all have our special moments with jason <3

Anonymous said...

absolutely incredible, you're so lucky:)

Lucy said...

thank u gals!
i reaaally wish u all have ur moments.
i mean YOU WILL, I KNOW IT!
merry xmas and happy holidays!
love u girls!!

Daniela said...

Lo que son las casualidades....A veces te llevan a las experiencias más hermosas.

Yo descubri hace largo tiempo a Mraz (su musica) por una simple casualidad y desde ese dia no lo he dejado de escuchar.

Ojalá algún dia pudiera toparme con el como te pasó a vos. Increíble! :)

ChristinaMarie(: said...

you girls have such a loving community going on here. i love it.
I cry just hoping that i will meet him one day.
I've wanted to meet this man since i was 3 and a half feet tall.
(":
i'm so happy for you, and i hope one day we all have our moments.
i need to get to know all of you girls, that way we can be thick as thieves. (;

4Dawn365 said...

You made me cry in joy for you and what a wonderful play by play you gave, I was able to picture the whole thing and live vicariously through you - Omg my chest tightened with the anticipation and awesomeness of the moment you had with Jason as I was reading it, that is why I am so teared up. Can't wait to see/meet for myself too :) - Some day ...
Love it - Thanks ~D

pauaubert said...

owww Lucy!! soy nueva en mrazwoman y recien lei esto. No lo puedo creer, me da escalofrios. OMG no puedo parar de leer la conv que tuviste con el! gracias por compartirlo!!
Yo tambien vivo en buenos Aires! Cuando venga J ya tenes compañia para ir a primera fila!! No pude ir la otra vez! Me estoy muriendo de ganas!
Un beso, Pau

Post a Comment