I Am You In a Different Situation


I'm a girl. A girl who once liked a boy (pretty much actually), tried to have a relationship and didn't work. One day this boy said "hey listen to this, is like this dude wrote it for us". You and I Both was the song, and lets say the boy thought that'd clean up the mess but not even such sweet lyrics could help him. I liked the song though... And that's when I first heard of Jason Mraz.
Like every single teenager -lil masochists- I heard the song at least three times a day.. So it wasn't unexpected I became a Mraz-addict.

Fall 2005 my life changed. My mom died. I was a mess -a real one- for almost too long. Couldn't find a ray of light in all the darkness. After wallowing in my grief I was numbed by the pain and trying to live again.
You know when you loose someone you inmediatly start asking questions. Why? Why her? Why not me? Why now? Where's God? Is it all worth it? Why try if it will end?

So no religion or way of thinking was able to answer them.
After a time of uncertainty.. Looking for Mraz tunes to keep me busy -the one thing I can thank my ex for..- I happened to come across Jason's Myspace. He wrote this blogs (by now everyone reading is well aware of them right? haha) himself and this is what I read.. -before let me tell you something. For a while I wasn't able to sleep.. so I read plays in candlelight to make it through the night and try to feel sleepy. Oscar Wilde was my choice.. You'll see why I bring this up.-

Thursday, November 29th, 2007. First blog I read. "I am you in a different situation".


He really was. I saw this as a sign. Ever since I've read e v e r y single blog.
That's how he became the source of my healing. He used to be a mess and chose to look on the bright side. He chose to feel grateful. So I tried, in the end.. He was me in a dif situation so If he could I should too.



I won't say I'm grateful my mom is no longer with me, cause I'm not. But I am I felt all that pain. I am grateful I saw the darkest sky. Because every next one was brighter than the previous one.


That's the story behind my devoted love to Mr. Mraz. He taught me to believe in me and create good thoughts so good things would happen. He taught me that I am what I want to be. Others see what I want them to see. My soul was able to heal because I wanted to heal.

Happiness is contagious. So laugh more. Be kind so people are nicer..BE LOVE.

You know.. ANYTHING YOU WANT CAN BE YOURS AT ANY TIME.
Just DON'T EVER LET YOUR MIND STOP YOU FROM HAVING A GOOD TIME. :)

I'll tell you all about how I met J next time.
Until then..
may every situation be summed up in a smile. - J
Love, Lucy.

Here's some Inspiration. This song makes me smile in the hardest day. (I love how he starts)

Ps. Thanks Jam! This is a beautiful way to connect with each other. Again you amazing being.. Thank you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

This is really sweet. I lost my dad in 1999 when I was 13 and really wish I knew of mraz back then. Now I listen to mraz when I miss my daddy and I am feeling blue.

Lucy said...

thank you amy! i wish you did too! at least you have it now!.. welcome to the mraz-women :)

Anonymous said...

The video was so perfect. Everything about it, I loved. Thanks for the post!

marissa811 said...

wow lucy i cant believe i missed this entry. such a beautiful and inspiring story<3

Post a Comment