Grateful for MrazWomen


Hello my fellow Mrazzy ladies and MrazWomen! I'm new here so I thought I'd take some time to say hello and introduce myself! I reside in beautiful Indiana, USA where it's possible to have snow and a thunderstorm in the same day! :-)

I was first introduced to Jason Mraz when Geek in the Pink came out! Loved it! I was into hip hop music at the time so this was awesome. Mr. A-Z was my first Mraz album. Being into hip hop at first I didn't like much of the album. After awhile the CD found it's way to the back of my CD case. Then November 2009 I heard of this new Live album "Beautiful Mess - Live On Earth". It sounded awesome so I really wanted to get it. Nevermind that I totally missed WSWDWST!! I kept putting it off of my "to buy" list for awhile and then in Feburary something happened....(I promise this is going somewhere) :-)

My Mom at the age of 56 suffered a severe hemoratic stroke. After 11 days in ICU we moved to hospice to make her comfortable for her final days. It was the most difficult 2 weeks of my life. After my mom's passing, I felt cheated, lost and angry. Gratitude and love were now where to be found. So I decided that since I had no control of that situation, I would on something I did have control over...myself. I began to look for things that made me happy. And therefore, I finally got the "Beautiful Mess - Live on Earth" album.

On the way home from the store, I popped it in the car stereo and began to listen. "Sunshine Song" came on and it was like, that was exactly what I needed hear, at exactly the right time in my life. I cried through the whole thing! I actually had to listen to it a few more times before I could get through the whole thing without crying. From March until July that album was pretty much all I listened to. Except of course for the Mr. A-Z album I dug out. I found a new love for "Plane" and "Song for a Friend" It's amazing how music affects you at different times in your life.

I began to find joy in simple things, and be grateful again. I was learning that (from Jason's blog) life is what you make it up to be, even the crappy stuff. You choose how it affects you. You DO have control in how you live your life. If you're in a crappy situation, make it up that it doesn't suck and you'll start to see all the amazing things you were missing! I truely love that man for helping me to see how amazing life truely is!

Needless to say, I became addicted! I wanted to know all of the new songs, old songs, blogs. etc. So I joined Twitter! :-) I've found so many amazing friends there, and now here. Because of Twitter and the RKOP I discovered Jason was touring this past fall. So I planned to go to my first Mraz show in Columbus, OH!!
I was so stoked to finally see the man who had changed my life. I got GA tickets and Jump the Line passes. And, I was front row for my first ever Jason Mraz concert with my best friend, and sister! I was the most amazing night of my life! I can't wait to do it again. I was truely hoping to meet Jason and get my hat signed. No luck on meeting him but I did get my hat taken back to get signed. I am so lucky to have such an awesome momento of my first concert!
Thanks for reading all of my rambling ons... so grateful for Jason Mraz, my Twitter friends, and now MrazWomen!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome, Jen! <3

Unknown said...

Nice story, btw. Sunshine Song is truly an awesome pick-me-up song for super-low days. I am glad you have learned to find joy in the simple things. We have only NOW on this earth and we should do all we can to savor each moment, right? :)

<3
Jam

Amy said...

The sunshine song always makes me smile... and puts a bounce in my step.

Amy said...

Welcome Jen! :)

kaywynn said...

very good jen! i rediscovered jason just before losing my sister. after losing her, i began listening to his more heartfelt songs unfold, sleeping to dream, mr. curiosity new version, not original. it was so mind blowing; i found myself thinking "HOW DID HE KNOW!!!" long story short, jason totally stole my heart. ...and i'm in no rush to ever get it back.

congrats on your first blog!!!

Patty Zc said...

I loved your story, welcome!

Post a Comment