Happy New Year, friends!

Haven't posted here in awhile and just put this up on my Gratitude Log, but feel like it has some relevance here, so enjoy! And thanks for taking the time to read this through. :)

Here are my Now Year resolutions!

I will focus even more on my music and hopefully learn most of what I need to know about guitar by the end of this year to really start playing more advanced songs. I'm really excited to see how my homemade CD will turn out and I'm even more excited for the outcome...which I know will soon be true. I'm being patient with this whole process and not trying to find shortcuts out...as we all know, good things come to those who wait. My goal is to have it done by the end of this year or the beginning (first half?) of next year (2012). I've waited patiently and worked hard for it...I deserve this.

I will also work even harder for the guy I've had my eye on for a long while now (I mean over a year). I'm going to stop telling myself I'm not good enough and that I don't deserve that special kind of love that I want so much, and just GO FOR IT.

I will, on top of all this, eat healthier...not going to commit to becoming vegan or invest all my time in a fully organic diet (mad props to those who do!), but just pay a little more attention to the food that goes in me. You are what you eat, and I'm striving to be more conscious of that. Baby steps.

Man, I hope it's a great year, I really do. Correction: this will be a fucking awesome year and I'm completely open and fired up for all the possibilities. I want to learn and grow and experience all that life has to offer for a sixteen, almost seventeen, year old girl. I want to completely change, while also staying true to myself throughout the whole journey.

One last resolution that I just thought of: to not be so jealous of other girls all the time. I'll admit that I have that problem at school. I'm always comparing myself to other people, finding all the wonderful qualities they have and convincing myself that they're any better than me because of that. Letting go of all that negativity will bring out the best side of me! I'm allowing things to take their natural course...and in the end of the day, I can honestly say that I have a bigger heart than any of the snobs I give the evil eye to. I'm PERFECTLY ME and it's stupid to try and be someone else. Gotta start embracing my flaws a bit more, I must say, and begin "leaning into the discomfort." I'm going to get comfortable in that zone that's still strangely new to me and start L I V I N G.

Hope 2011's ready for all my big plans!

I'm excited to make all this a reality.

Mad love for all of you,
Sasha

P.S. I'll post one of my songs up here soon! <3

First official picture of me in 2011. I think it's fitting since I'm ready to try new things this year, and 01-01-11 was my first time riding The Hulk roller coaster. (I'm in the middle.)

2 comments:

Lisey said...

My, my, Sasha. Where do I even begin?

I know I've already told you this on several occasions, but it's worth saying again: You are a crazily amazing human being. And its just not right to me to hear that you've been wasting precious moments of your existence on comparing yourself to other people! You're absolutely right, you DO have a bigger heart than any of them, and you have MEEEE, someone who will always support you and stand up for you! That's something I bet they can't say truthfully either.
You're definitely one of my biggest supporters, and clearly one of my best friends. I can't wait to hear the music you've been working on! I'm so excited to have the opportunity to praise you on your work as you have on mine. I'm forever grateful to have you in my life.

xxxxx
Lisey

P.S.- That picture is boss. For real. I love it.

Unknown said...

You're more than good enough, in my book. You're perfect. :)

Love the photo, too. <3

MommaJamma

Post a Comment