after an afternoon

I.love.this.song

Always been one of my most favorites.
Today as I was shuffling my library and this song came on, I kept playing again. It's so beautiful. Not just the tune and the sound... the words.

So, just read the words and forget the sound. I wish I could write this beautifully.

I bare my windowed self, untamed and untrained
dreams that hardly touch our complexions truest faults
If room enough for both my drowsy spirit shall fall
both waves tumble, oh to the season of my heart
and you have offended my faith and my trust
until all us lost into the beauty of the day.
until all is lost away

But there's something in the way you laugh
and it makes me feel like a child
aspects of life they confuse me
you and your thesis amuse me

Oh, after an afternoon with you
and your rich brown eyes
your lips and your dark hair

elbows and exposed knees tossing towards the ceiling
after an afternoon

Face to palm
tear to tear
and mouth to tongue
heart to ground
heart, heart, heart to ground, oh...


I am in love.

Oh how I love this song. <3

4 comments:

Lisey said...

LOVE this song. One of my absolute favorites as well.

Kat said...

I ♥ ♥ ♥ this song. This and Sleeping To Dream are the most played songs in my iTunes ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT SO MUCH. I love reading thru a song, just the lyrics, without the sound. Music is beautiful poetry.

Lucy said...

it is one of my favourites and strangely enough i havent heard it in a while!
thanx for the lyrics! sometimes u know something so well u forget to understand it
:)

Post a Comment