=]

Hi Everyone!
Its been forever since ive posted, and the community has grown alot. So for the sake of the new members and the ones i just haven't met yet i would like to introduce myself and share my Jason story.
My name is Marissa, Im 18 years old and i live in NJ. When i was 13 my family and i were on vaction, my parents had been fighting alot so they were spending as much time apart as possible. while in the car with my dad wordplay came on. i was instantly amazed by the lyrics and his ability to sing them so fast. i was more amazed that my dad knew all the words. i asked my dad who the singer was and he told me 'Jason Mraz, you know him, he sings the Remedy' of course i knew the song but i didnt know the man behind the song. I then challenged my dad and told him i would learn all the words to Wordplay before vacation was over. And i did! Shortly after our vacation ended my parents told my sisters and i that they were getting divorced. Of course i was upset but ive never been good with emotion. so instead of crying and dealing i threw myself into Jason Mraz, i was determined to learn every song and everything about him. it didnt take long before i was obsessed. i was on the computer day and night watching a new youtube video, learning a new song, or reading a different interview. then i discovered the blog. at this point he was blogging on myspace, and i went back and read every single word. 5 years later and i am still clinging on to every word this man sings and writes. And i still find myself turning to him when im upset. On January 5th my great grandmother died, she was the most amazing women i ever knew. when she died i was devasted and i found myself with The Sunshine Song on repeat, for days that was the only song i listened to. I guess my point is that the day i found jason changed my life, its almost as if he knew i would be suffering and he came along to soften the blow. Being a part of this community and meeting new friends who share my passion is a blessing. I thank every single one of you for being a part of this community and a special thanks to Jam(MrazGal) for bringing us all together
<33 Marissa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww...I LOVE YOU MARISSA! <3

The Sunshine song is the best. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, "Sunshine Song" is a personal favorite o' mine, too.

It's great how he can bright up our darkest days. :)

Dahlia! said...

Gah "Sunshine Song" is the bomb diggity! :D Mraz has helped me through some tough times too! <3

marissa811 said...

<33

Lucy said...

the sunshine song is my "GET UP LUCY! BE HAPPY BE LOVE" song. i know is hard to believe it but i get every word u said. i felt the same with his blog and came back to life because of it.
im soooooo glad we've found each other marissa! (actually jam found us hahaha!)
u'r right.
JAM
THANK YOU.

all the love here makes me happy.
u girls are amazing.
i trully care for u!

ChristinaMarie(: said...

Oh Marissa, this made me cry for nearly five minutes.
My grandpa died in February, and all i listened to for days straight was Sunshine Song. :'(
God knows, he helped me get through it, but still.
I think Jason Mraz is a part of the grieving process.
Like..
Step one: Listen to Sunshine Song (and other various cry your heart out songs).
Step two: Listen to the remedy and feel better.
taha.
thanks for that inspirational story.
I was literally bawling like a baby.
There's still tears on my cheek.
<3

Post a Comment