Courage

Jason touches my life, literally, everyday. No matter what time or place. I don't know what's inspired me to share this with you guys right now, but maybe it's because I hung out with my bf tonight & we had a lot of laughs and fun so it got me thinking...
My boyfriend of one year is in the Army Reserve. He's going to Afghanistan at the end of the summer/beginning of fall. He won't be back at school next semester and he'll be gone for over a year. It's very possible I won't see him until I graduate in 2/3 years. When he first told me over the phone, I shut down after we hung up. (Btw, he told me during the 5/6 month period we were separated by the summer & him in another state for training, so it just made it worse)
While he was away, I discovered Sleeping to Dream. I love this song so much & every time I hear it, it makes me think of my bf. I made it the ringtone on my phone for when he called me while he was away, is still, & will stay the tone. Jason has helped me fall asleep at night with this song and it gives me hope for the future. Once again, I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what? Love transcends all. It beats age gaps, beliefs, attainments, the painful past, time, and distance among other things. Believe in it wholeheartedly, and your capacity to love will keep you company, will make you stronger, and will attract nothing but positive vibes.

Be strong. Before you know it, the year will be over and he'll be back in your arms. He will need you to come home to.

I am glad Sleeping to Dream helped you out. It is one of my favorite Mraz songs. Allow him to inspire you to the core so you never EVER forget to stay positive about love, about life, and everything in between. :)

love,
Jam
MrazGal from Manila

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jam<3

Lucy said...

this touched my heart!
u'r so lucky to be IN love. it is so powerful that it doesnt know about time or space.
waiting is a gift when u have something like that to look foward to.

be strong! it'll be worth the wait!

Post a Comment