What a amrazing thing...

Hello, ladies! I have yet to post my Mraz story. I figured today was the day. It was probably around November of 08 that my life changed, literally. I had no music taste whatsoever. I did not like music. All I listened to was Brown Eyed girl a little bit of The Beatles and Hey There Delilah. So about November or so my cousin (another Mraz lover but she does not have a twitter..) heard the song on the radio, told me all about it! Here is a pic of me and her at our Mraz concert!



When she heard the song again she recorded it and played it for me over the phone. I instantly fell in love with the happy little tune, but neither of us could find the name of the song. We finally found the name and I recorded it on my phone and listened to it constantly! That christmas she got a ipod and that was the first song she put on it and we could finally listen to a good quality! I then heard Lucky and realized it was the "Im Yours Guy!" we also finally discovered his name too. Took awhile to pronounce it right but we knew it! Haha. So Lucky was our new obsession. I decided to search him and then found that he was "The Remedy Dude!" Told my cousin and she freaked out too. We then slowly but surely filled our ipods with the amazing songs of Jason's. Then my mother informed me that he was coming to Chicago. That night we bought our tickets and waited 2 months to see him perform. We didn't know all of his songs when we were their but we danced and tried to sing everyone! My cousin and I about cried when he came out I almost cried when he sang A Beautiful Mess and was too excited to even think about crying when Im Yours came around. (By the way this concert was recorded for his live DVD/CD called Jason Mraz's Beautiful Mess LIve On Earth. If you don't have it already I suggest you go pick up a copy now. =] ) We had to leave early because my friend was feeling sick. But I wasn't as upset as you would think, because it was still the greatest night of my life. My cousin and I were officially obsessed after that. The next day we downloaded everything he has ever sang! Watched every appearance on TV voted for him to win any awards he's been nominated for! If it's Mraz it's us. He has changed the way I listen to music, the way I think, the way I act. And to think it all started with that one song. One song changed my life. Amazing isn't it? Jason Mraz has made me a better person. From his blogs, his music, his interviews, all of it. I can honestly say that this man, and that song have changed me. Im not as shy I am no longer afraid to say what I feel. Im not afraid to stand out. Because he said it was okay. I won't worry my life away. Thanks to you. Jason I love you. Thank you. < 3
Love always, Dahlia< 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love this so, so much, Dahlia!

My favorite pull out quote is: "If it's Mraz it's us."

I know...if it's Mraz, it's me, too.

:)

Anonymous said...

I really like your story. So sweet! Jason truly is an incredible person and such a great influence in my life, too.

Post a Comment