You keep me high

That's the way to best describe it.
My Mraz story... Don't know if you guys care or not...
October of 2002, I was 10. Just turned it as a matter of fact.
We were going to get Halloween costumes from Party City, and i was riding in the back of my Grandpa's ford explorer, listening to my walkman cassette player, N'Sync was on.
All i could hear other than that was a story my grandpa was telling my mom.
The tape stopped, and it needed to be rewound.
So, as i was rewounding, i started to tune in and out of their conversation.
He was telling her about a concert he went to of Musician Johnny Lang's.
And how this wonderful man named Jason Mraz opened for him and stole the show.
My grandpa was absolutely captivated, and right when the concert finished, he bought that magician musician's cd.
He turned to my mom, "Here Trini, i'll play you his one hit; the one eveybody knows."

Soon enough, i start to here the familiar entrance to that catchy song "The Remedy" that i heard a couple times on the radio and was addicted to.
"Grandpa! Grandpa! I know this song! i LOVE it."
So, he burned the cd for my mom, and it sat on top of our entertainment center for weeks, untouched by my mom.
Then, one day, i wanted to hear that song, so i put it in my PS1 console, and played the whole cd through, several times, and was amazed.
Since then, i have grown older, more mature, and Jason has grown and matured right along with me.
People say every 7 years, a person completely changes from how they used to act or look, kinda like a snake shedding its skin.
And i have seen him completely transform: from that ciggarette smoking, beer drinking confused one hit wonder, to a complete, health kickin', avocado eatin', yoga masterin' hippie; he has made a change every day for the better of us both.

He's the one stable thing that's always there for me no matter what.
I've always been suicidal, and over the years, sometimes, he's been the only thing stopping me from just doing it, and ending my life..
I don't mean to sound pathetic and weepy, but this man has single handedly saved my life several times, and i love him to death. I feel like if i hadn't shared with you my breakthrough, someone out there might not have the chance to get saved and i love you all.

So any of you out there that need a pick me up,
here he is.
Right in front of your eyes.
And some of you might not even have realized it.
He will listen when you cry yourself to sleep at night, and he will sing you a lullaby.

Be love, and be yourself.
Christina Marie.
P.S. i suggest Stranger in the Sky; it makes my heart feel funny.
<3333

0 comments:

Post a Comment