Ideas Worth Spreading

I'm sure many of you guys already know and probably have seen this.. Still I just came across with it and can't stop watching. (I read about it in Jason's blog, but never seen the videos until now.)
TED is an organization that brings together people in a conference to talk in order to spread ideas.
Every week they have someone new with an idea worth spreading, people from different fields like technology, entertainment, design and knowledge.
I invite you to watch them, -you can just look for the subject you're interesed in- cause they are incredibly mind blowing. Go to http://www.ted.com or http://www.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksDirector (better quality of vids) and dive into it.

I'd like to share this special one. Probably because I strongly believe in the cause and a little bit because I felt indentified with it. As a child I had a hard time focusing with my studies. Strangely enough that was not the case with arts and sports. My 3rd grade math teacher called my parents and made me feel inferior and stupid. Thankfully my music teacher (Miss Andrea, still remember her) grab my parents and told them there was nothing wrong with me, I was just interested in different aspects of life. What I needed was motivation to come from another side. So they encouraged me to enjoy what I loved the most and came to me easily, and told me always to be proud of my accomplishments and feel happy with who I am. The problem is not every kid is that lucky.
I think is TRULLY important to create an education system that nurtures rather than undermines creativity. And that's exactly what Ken Robinson speaks about. Please take a moment to listen to this. I promise is worth it.



P.S. Don't miss Elizabeth Gilbert's talk. Is so... Just watch it, trust me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment