the way i am

Love always finds us when we're least expecting it. It sneaks up from behind and scares the life out of you. And if you're really lucky, you'll know it when you have it. And if you're really really lucky, you'll be given a second chance if you lose it the first time.

The best loves you'll ever have in your whole life will come when you're ready. All too often we find ourselves in a quest to find a partner to complete us or fill some empty hole we think is there. Take the time you're given on this earth to love yourself and discover happiness as you, in your own skin, being yourself with all of your quirks. It has taken me 26 years to realize my worth and figure out that I have to be happy in myself before I can ever hope to be happy with someone else.

And there it was, as plain as day, there the whole time, someone who takes me the way I am: flawed, defective, loose screws, bad wiring, crusty humor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the song so much! <3 And adorable video! :D Made me smile.

brandie said...

I, of course, am talking about my dog (naturally) ha!

Post a Comment