You and I Both Share a Common Pleasure for Mraz

My favorite Mraz song changes pretty often. It’s really whatever fits in with how I’m feeling at the moment; the jingle and lyrics that will get me thru anything or just inspire me to open up my mind and see like him, as he would say. My current favorite is “Common Pleasure,” the version from the “Live and Acoustic 2001” CD particularly. I couldn’t find that exact version on YouTube, although I’m sure all (or most) of you have heard it before. This is young Mraz from his early years at Java Joe’s singing “Common Pleasure.” By the way, I’ve bolded and made pink my favorite lyrics in the song—the one’s that grabbed me by the shoulders and shook some sense into me. Enjoy!

Said will I,
I remember when we used to walk together,
Used to talk together, go to the park together,
In all of kinds of weather we would share,
This common pleasure, with most of human kind,
It was a kind of treasure, one that I was surely glad to find,
And I got some right here, and I’m okay, I’m okay,
You’re okay, ha ha, we’re okay, ha ha oh ha I am alright,
I answered alright, I’m doin’ fine, but oh bones again are broken,
The love is not a token of affection, it’s not even a real thing,
It’s a word, so don’t try to buy it out with a ring,
Cuz it’s a verb, to love someone, open up and let them in,
Just don’t, just don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid to set them free again,
This ain’t no heaven, ain’t no hell, ain’t no in-between,
Cuz there’s just too many faces and places in this world,
That I ain’t ever seen, I’m gonna keep on keeping on on,
I’m gonna reap on being strong, and I got my head on,
Though misconnected, it’s alright cuz I do it protected, <-- haha :P
I got a day job, I drive a cheap ride, sounds like I’m gonna be fine,
You only get one life to learn,
There’s only so many brain cells that you can burn,
An’ life can take a turn, and take away everything that you’ve earned,
And leave you yearnin’ for more, so much more,
Life is gonna leave you yearnin’ for more more more,
Your stomach gonna be churnin’ wantin’ more,
You wantin’ wantin’ some more, you wantin’ some more,
Do you want some?
Do you want some?
Then I got some,
Well I got one right here,
And I’m okay, I’m okay,
And you’re okay, ha ha, we’re okay, ha ha oh I am alright,
I answered alright, I’m doin’ fine.

Yikes. I realized after trying to bold my favorites of all favorite lyrics in this song that I bolded a pretty big chunk of it. Couldn’t help myself.

In joy,

Sasha B. <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this song! I love young Jason!

Lucy said...

i wish i lived there so i could go to java joes EVERY FREAKIN NIGHT. i mean it!
loved it. you took an idea from my mine sasha! will post it later :)

Post a Comment