Hello there, friends :)

Hello friends and fellow Mraz lovers!
This is TJ here, the newest addition to the Mraz Women community, and I am so excited to be a part of this! :)
Well…how to start off? I am seventeen years old, and live in the California Central Valley. I just graduated from high school, and am going to attend our local community college in the fall. Film production is the name of the game in my case. I love movies and would someday like to move to Southern California and try to make my way into the rough and tumble business that is Hollywood. Live theater was my first love, though. I spent all four years of my high school career in our auditorium, acting and stage managing.

About two years ago, as a birthday present, my sister bought me Jason Mraz’s We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things. I had been walking around humming and singing I’m Yours for well over a month, so she thought I’d enjoy it. This wasn’t my first introduction to Mraz though; a few years back I had purchased Mr. A-Z because I loved singing along to the fast paced word-jumble that was Wordplay, though We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things was what really got me hooked. I listened to that album constantly for months. In the meanwhile, I went on a thorough search of stores in my city for his first album Waiting For My Rocket To Come. I could not find a single store in my town that sold this album, but I would not give up!
Later on, in February of 2009, I went on a field trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon with my school’s theatre department. While roaming downtown, we came across a small CD shop called “To CD, Or Not To CD,” and in my mind all I could think was “Do they have Jason? I hope they have Jason!” I dragged my group of friends inside and went directly to the “M” section. I was ECSTATIC when I found Waiting For My Rocket To Come. I didn’t look twice at the price, I knew I had to have it. It’s been love ever since. I’ve downloaded an insane amount of his songs (I think my current total is up to 168) and other than my extensive collection of covers from the TV show Glee, he’s basically the only thing I listen to. My friends think my love for him is hilarious, but they say that I really wouldn’t be me without my love for the Mraz himself.

Feel free to check out my Twitter account at www.twitter.com/TJthetechie.
Here’s to being love, my friends! :)

TJ

4 comments:

Lisey said...

That's so cool that you went on a trip to Ashland! My dad works at Southern Oregon University, and I'm going down there on Sunday!
I'll check out your twitter :)

Elise
www.twitter.com/LiseyEldridge

tj_ebooks said...

SOU is seriously one of my DREAM colleges. I've been up to Ashland a few times, and I absolutely love it there, it's just one of those places that feels like home. Everyone there is so nice!

I'll be sure to check out your twitter too :D

Unknown said...

I am glad you added me and that you joined our little family. :)

<3
Jam
(Feeling like a) Mother Hen

Viviane Luz said...

Welcome, TJ! I'm already following you on twitter!


<3

Post a Comment